Delek’s goal is to provide the communities where we live and work with more than 50,000 hours of volunteer time. By doing so, we can impact our local communities across the country.
YOU can make a difference! If each Delek employee commits to one day of community service, then we can easily reach our goal of 50,000 volunteer hours. The impact would be the equivalent of over $1,200,000. Imagine the difference we can make as a team!
Your personal volunteer hours can be counted toward our goal of 50,000 volunteer hours. You may include time you volunteer for any civic or nonprofit organizations. We will collect this information and add it to the total hours volunteered. Please encourage others to join you!
Office Staff and Administrators Service
Each department may schedule its own unique opportunity from either the nonprofit contacts provided or one that your group selects. The volunteer work can be serving those in need, cleaning our environment or building a better community. The Day of Caring for each department is provided by Delek as a group outing that will not only serve as a team building event but also provide great community service. Your group will be supplied lunch, regular compensation and the satisfaction of knowing that you served those in need. Your supervisor will provide us the date and event, so we can track the time. Remember, please take pictures and share your stories with us.
Small Group Volunteering Refinery Operations and Retail Stores
Due to the unique nature of your scheduling, we have created an option that we hope will encourage refinery operations and retail stores to participate in Delek’s Day of Caring program. Delek would like you to assemble a project team of at least five other Delek employees and volunteer for a minimum of four hours each. One completed, we will grant $500 to the nonprofit once per year.
General Volunteer Guidelines
We do have some minor limitations as to what counts as volunteer work.
The following activities are excluded:
- Political engagement
- Religious activities unless they are for the greater community (i.e. feeding the homeless, providing shelter, etc.)
- Any activity that provides compensation
- Any organization that would be considered a conflict of business interest
- Any activity that Delek determines does not align with the Company’s overall business objectives
The following activities are encouraged:
- Coaching civic youth sports
- Picking up litter on creeks, roads or walkways
- Participating in nonprofit walks, runs, etc.
- Serving on nonprofit boards
- Serving on committees for charities
- Donating blood for charities like the Red Cross
- Providing research or administrative work for nonprofits
- Working phones for a charity drive
- Delivering meals or clothing for charities
- Any activity that is thoughtful, creative and has a positive impact on the community